Purdue University Shooting Updates - Purdue Exponent: Campus

Purdue University Shooting Updates

Related YouTube Videos

Related Stories

Related Galleries

Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:22 pm | Updated: 5:52 pm, Tue Jan 20, 2015.

5:30 P.M. 1/22/2014 — ECE department has removed both Cousins and Boldt from list of teaching assistants for ECE 270 and ECE 362

12:50 a.m. — Police cars leave the Northwestern Avenue area in front of EE building. Building remains taped off. 

8:38 — Statement from President Mitch Daniels, "Violent crime, whenever and wherever it occurs, shocks our conscience and incites our rage. When it happens in our home, to a family member — and as a Boilermaker Andrew Boldt was family to us — those emotions are more powerful still. Our prayers tonight are with Andrew and with his parents, who have suffered a loss beyond calculation or consolation. In our grief, we pause to thank this event's organizers, but equally each person in attendance. Through your caring witness, you are demonstrating your love for the Boldts, and for each other in the very special community we call 'Boilermakers.'"

7:00— Upon investigating the suspect, Cody Cousins, The Exponent discovered that Cousins was previously employed as a reporter by The Exponent in 2011. He worked for The Exponent for a six week period from October of 2011 to mid-November of 2011. 

6:05 - Andrew Boldt, 21, has been identified as the victim of today's campus shooting. He is a senior from Wisconsin.

5:30 — Cody Cousins, 23, has been identified by Tippecanoe County jail officials as the suspect connected with shooting.

4:38 — PSG will be hosting a candlelight vigil tonight at 8 p.m. in front of Hovde Hall.

4:32 — Counselors will be available 9—10 p.m. this evening at Shreve, Tarkington, Purdue Village, and Cary Quadrangle.

4:23 — Bomb squad reported to be investigating house on Stadium Avenue.

4:19 — Witnesses are being released from the Purdue Police Station.

4:15 — Confirmed, classes are canceled for the remainder of the day and tomorrow.

3:59 — Police officers are escorting Electrical Engineering faculty back into the building to get personal belongings.

3:38 — A house on the 300 block of Stadium Avenue is being investigated by police.

2:44 — Purdue Provost Tim Sands is currently speaking at a press conference on behalf of the President's office.

2:36 — Cox reports that one suspect is in custody.

2:33 — Purdue Police Chief John Cox has confirmed one death at the press conference being held on Purdue's campus.

1:50 — Email from Prof. David Meyer, "IMPORTANT: Any student that witnessed the incident today (Tuesday, January 21) in room EE 067 please contact the Purdue police department as soon as possible." Meyer is the professor of the classroom where the shooting occurred.

1:47 — Purdue reports no ongoing threat to campus. Resume normal operations. Electrical Engineering Building will remain closed.

1:45 —The Exponent is getting reports that a TA for ECE 362 was shot point blank in EE 067. EE 067 is a lab classroom that holds 25 students.

1:27 — Everyone in Electrical Engineering Building is advised to continue to shelter in place. All other areas of campus may resume normal operations

1:26 — According to Purdue News, classes for the remainder of the day are not canceled.

1:23 p.m. — IU Arnett Hospital has reported no hospitalizations related to shooting.