Purdue Libraries' Parrish unit receives national honor - Purdue Exponent: Campus

Purdue Libraries' Parrish unit receives national honor

Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Purdue’s Roland G. Parrish Library of Management and Economics has received a top honor from the Special Libraries Association.

The Purdue Libraries unit won the management category of SLA's 12th annual Centers of Excellence Awards program for its how its renovation/transformation project was presented. Recipients of awards in various categories will be honored at the 2013 SLA Conference set for June 9-11, in San Diego.

The Parrish Library of Management and Economics' renovation spanned five years, and applied comprehensive analysis, benchmarking, partnership building, and incremental implementation to a truly strategic objective. The resulting LearnLab is to be used as a model for future classrooms and serves as an example of how academic libraries can impact the student learning environment.

The awards recognize best "best practices" in three categories: technology, service, and management. Any member of SLA can apply for consideration in any of the three categories. A panel of judges who are members of the business and finance division evaluates all entries.

The Special Libraries Association is the global organization for innovative information professionals and their strategic partners. Founded in 1909 in New York, the SLA is now the international association representing the interests of thousands of information professionals in more than 80 countries.  The SLA promotes and strengthens its members through learning, advocacy, and networking opportunities.

How often have you used a friend-to-friend payment app?

Peer-to-peer payment services are catching on with some more quickly than so-called digital wallets like Apple Pay or Samsung Pay.