Purdue Musical Organizations plans to deliver Singing Valentines at Purdue and the Greater Lafayette area on Feb. 14.

All groups in the organization, including Purdue Varsity Glee Club, Purduettes, Purdue Bells, Heart & Soul and University Choir, will participate in this annual event.

PMO will not only be delivering a Singing Valentine, but also a rose, a cookie and a personalized card to the recipient.

They will be singing “Can’t Help Falling in Love”, “Let Me Call You Sweetheart”, “L-O-V-E”, “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” and “I Just Called To Say I Love You,” throughout the day on Valentine’s Day to sweethearts, either in person or over the phone.

Alexandra Robinson

As a senior in the College of Liberal Arts, Alexandra Robinson has been involved in music since coming to Purdue as a freshman.

She is featured as February’s Purdue Musical Organization’s Student Spotlight and is the president of the PMO Managers’ Council, manager of the Purduettes and a member of the Treblemakers specialty ensemble.

“Being in Purduettes has given me a network and given me a lot of confidence in talking to people,” Robinson said. “Getting out of your comfort zone is definitely one of the more valuable things Purduettes offers.”

The song she is most looking forward to singing this year is “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You),” which was originally recorded by Marvin Gaye and covered by Michael Bublé.

“We haven’t done this one before and it’s nice to mix in some new songs,” Robinson said.

Colton Withers

Colton Withers, a junior in the College of Health and Human Sciences and a member of the Purdue Varsity Glee Club, said one of the best parts of delivering Singing Valentines to people is seeing their faces. He said that everybody loves it, and some people even cry.

“For me it’s really cool to be a part of communicating how much someone cares for someone else,” Withers said. “You can tell by their reactions how much that person means to them.”

Withers recalled that one of his favorite deliveries was at the courthouse when they sang “Can’t Help Falling in Love.” He said it was a unique experience.

“The lady was very appreciative,” Withers said. “It was a song that was involved in their wedding somehow.”

Allison Conrad

Allison Conrad, a junior in the College of Liberal Arts, has been a part of Purduettes since her freshman year and has loved being a part of delivering the Valentines.

Conrad said one of her favorite memories of delivering Singing Valentines happened last year when her group visited numerous Purdue classrooms.

“I think my favorite part is going into the lecture halls,” Conrad said. “My group sang to a professor last year.”

Conrad said at first the professor was unhappy to have an interruption during class but once they realized why the group was there it was a fun experience.

Conrad said she likes what Valentine’s Day represents. “(It) is taking an opportunity to express to people how much you care about them.”