Police receive another report of voyeurism at Hawkins Hall - Purdue Exponent: Campus

Police receive another report of voyeurism at Hawkins Hall

Posted: Friday, December 21, 2012 8:40 am

Purdue police received another report of voyeurism Friday morning at Hawkins Hall.

The report indicates the incident took place around 2:45 a.m. in the shower area on the eighth floor, the same location a similar report occurred Dec. 9. In the latest incident, a woman reported seeing an Asian male fleeing the shower area. Police located a possible suspect but were unable to make a positive identification at the time.

If you have information regarding the incidents, contact Purdue police at 765-494-8221. 

The Exponent will continue to follow this story. 

Earlier

Two incidents of voyeurism were reported by female residents of Hawkins Hall within the past week.

The first incident occurred at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. A male student was seen leaving the women's bathroom. He appeared to be Asian, wearing burgundy pants, and had hair dyed yellow. The second incident occurred around 1:20 p.m. on Sunday. The intruder, who also appeared to be Asian, waved what was thought to be a smart phone over the top of a shower stall where a woman was showering. He was described as having black hair and was wearing a blue sweatshirt with white designs on the back. 

The Wednesday incident was brought to the attention of the police while they were investigating Sunday's incident. The Purdue police have not done a composite sketch of the suspect(s) due to the vague and incomplete descriptions. 

To ensure safety the University is asking all residents to lock doors and escort guests. Resident Assistants will also be increasing their visibility to help keep residences safe. 

In your opinion, what is the most important factor in Purdue's chance to make a bowl game in 2015?

Have more thoughts? We encourage you to write us a letter to the editor, emailed to editor@purdueexponent.org.