Tag league changes game’s rules - Purdue Exponent: Campus

Tag league changes game’s rules

Posted: Monday, March 7, 2011 10:00 am | Updated: 3:02 pm, Mon Mar 7, 2011.

As students brace themselves for another biannual Humans vs. Zombies game on campus, this semester’s game will run differently than the previous.

Dustin Long, the president of the Boiler League of Tag and a junior in the College of Science, said one of the changes in this semester’s Humans vs. Zombies game is elimination of a faction system, which is groups within the zombie and human groups.

“Staff leadership will be in a different direction,” Long said. “And there will be more zombie and human interaction.”

James Ryan, the vice president of the Boiler League of Tag and a senior in the College of Science, said the changes should make this semester’s game a lot more interesting.

“This semester is all about experimentation,” Ryan said. “We’re testing mission structures, human behaviors and non-player characters’ behaviors.”

Another change in this semester’s game is a new group of players. Long said these new group of players are called “Gladiators,” humans who were previous winners in the past games.

“We try to keep things a little interesting,” Long said. “Humans vs. Zombies is a blood sport, a death race.”

Despite the implementation of these changes, the games shouldn’t feel any different from the previous semesters, Long said.

“Plotlines and goals still exist,” Long said. “And it’s still a bunch of people fighting zombies.”

Long also added that the Humans vs. Zombies game is much more than just a game where people enjoy shooting Nerf guns and tossing socks at each other.

“It is a leadership-based game where people learn more about themselves,” he said.