Forum invites faculty to discuss Blackboard Learn - Purdue Exponent: Campus

Forum invites faculty to discuss Blackboard Learn

Posted: Monday, November 19, 2012 10:00 am

Demonstrations and a product road-map for Blackboard Learn will be featured during a faculty forum Nov. 27.

Faculty who are transitioning to Purdue's new course management, Blackboard Learn, from Blackboard Vista have been invited to meet with Blackboard representatives. The open forum, which will be broken up into four listening sessions, will cover faculty needs, enhancements and improvements.

For faculty who are unable to attend the sessions, the Blackboard Users Group will meet from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. Nov. 28 in Stewart Center, Room 313. The meeting will focus on the Blackboard Learn project's status and final transition information from Vista. Registration is requested. For those still unable to attend, there will be an online meeting room available through Adobe Connect.

In a recent Purdue news release, Suzanne Ahlersmeyer, an instructional designer in ITaP Academic Technologies, said the Blackboard User Group meetings have had an increase in participation and have become a tool for faculty-to-faculty sharing on course design.

"ITaP has observed an increase in participation with the Blackboard Users Group as we have moved from Blackboard Vista to Blackboard Learn this last year," Ahlersmeyer said. "We hope to continue that trend moving into the spring semester as more faculty move to (Blackboard) Learn."

For the open forum's schedule go to the ITaP training calendar.