Section of Grant Street to close today - Purdue Exponent: Campus

Section of Grant Street to close today

Posted: Monday, July 8, 2013 10:00 am | Updated: 2:30 pm, Fri Jul 26, 2013.

Staff Reports Purdue Exponent

A portion of Grant Street will be closed to traffic this week because of construction on Bailey Hall. The partial closing will stretch from North Street to Northwestern Avenue. The closure will allow workers to connect Purdue utilities from Knoy Hall to the Bailey Hall site across the street, said Jim Naville, Purdue project manager. Motorists are asked to detour by going west on State Street, north on University Street and then east on Stadium Avenue to Northwestern Avenue. Local traffic will still be able to access the drive north of Grissom Hall from Grant Street. Purdue Police Chief John Cox urges motorists and pedestrians to be cautious in the area. “While there will be detours and some inconvenience, it is good to get this part of the project done now while the streets around campus aren’t as busy as they will be a little later,” he said. “We just ask people to follow the posted signs and be attentive to what’s going on around them.” The Ralph and Bettye Bailey Hall will be the new home for Purdue Musical Organizations. Construction began this spring and is scheduled for completion in in the summer or fall of 2014.

A portion of Grant Street will be closed to traffic this week because of construction on Bailey Hall.

The partial closing will stretch from North Street to Northwestern Avenue. The closure will allow workers to connect Purdue utilities from Knoy Hall to the Bailey Hall site across the street, said Jim Naville, Purdue project manager.

Motorists are asked to detour by going west on State Street, north on University Street and then east on Stadium Avenue to Northwestern Avenue. Local traffic will still be able to access the drive north of Grissom Hall from Grant Street.

Purdue Police Chief John Cox urges motorists and pedestrians to be cautious in the area.

“While there will be detours and some inconvenience, it is good to get this part of the project done now while the streets around campus aren’t as busy as they will be a little later,” he said. “We just ask people to follow the posted signs and be attentive to what’s going on around them.”

The Ralph and Bettye Bailey Hall will be the new home for Purdue Musical Organizations. Construction began this spring and is scheduled for completion in in the summer or fall of 2014.