One of the best spots to study on campus are the libraries. With numerous options and atmospheres, the libraries are a great places to sit for a few hours and get homework done or even take a short nap. They are also great places to get away from the bustle of the dorms or off-campus coffee shops. Campus libraries also offer special extended hours during Finals week of each semester.

Hicks Undergraduate Library

The main library on campus, located between State Street and the Stewart Center offers a popular location to study. Hicks also offers a secondary option – the Underground Cafe, open seven days a week and for 24 hours, one of the few places on campus with such amenities. Hicks Undergraduate Library is open Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m., Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 2 a.m.

Humanities, Social Sciences and Education Library (HSSE)

This library, consisting of four floors in Stewart Center offers a wide variety of options. The first floor is commonly used for printing and studying, while the remaining three floors are substantially quieter and offer students views of campus while maintaining the pristine silence of a library. HSSE also houses the Archives and Special Collections holding Purdue memorabilia and artifacts on the fourth floor. The Archives and Special Collections is open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and is closed on Saturday and Sunday. HSSE is open 7 a.m. to midnight Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. to midnight on Sunday.

Black Cultural Center Library

The Black Cultural center also houses its own library. The cultural center, located at 1100 Third St., is open from 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m on Friday, from 6 to 9 on Sunday evenings and closed on Saturday.

Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences Library (EAPS)

This library, located on the second floor of the Delon and Elizabeth Hampton Hall of Civil Engineering, offers a variety of collections in a variety of subjects, from mineralogy to environmental geology. EAPS also features a map room that is separate from the main library with its own special hours available on the EAPS Library website. The map room features topographic maps “housed here are collected through the government documents depository program.” EAPS is open from Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m to 10 p.m. However, the Map Room is closed on evenings and weekends.

Life Sciences Library

Housed in Lily Hall of Sciences south of State Street, the Life Sciences Library takes up four floors of the building. This library offers study carrels, computer stations and areas for group studying. The library is located at 915 W. State Street and is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m to 10 p.m.

Aviation Technology Library

This library is located a bit farther off-campus, in the Purdue University Airport Technology Terminal. The Aviation Technology Library offers a wide collection of information for the department of aviation technology such as “over 4,000 book and journal volumes to support the department’s programs: Aeronautical Engineering Technology, Aviation Management Technology, and Professional Flight Technology.” The hours for the Aviation Technology are as follows: Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

M.G. Mellon Library of Chemistry

This library, totaling six rooms and three floors of Wetherill Laboratory of Chemistry, was created in honor of former Purdue professor Melvin Guy Mellon. This library is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Mathematical Sciences Library

The Mathematical Sciences Library, in the Mathematical Sciences Building, houses “collections and services related to Mathematics, Computer Science, and Statistics with space for students and faculty to study, perform research, and collaborate.” This library is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Pharmacy, Nursing and Health Sciences Library

Located in the Heine Pharmacy Building, this library allows students to use “five ITaP computers and health-related materials are shelved on and below a balcony overlooking the study space” within it. The Pharmacy, Nursing and Health Sciences Library is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Physics Library

The Physics Library housed on the second floor of the Physics Building, at 525 Northwestern Ave., offers students a quiet place to study with a wide variety of information and resources related to physics. This library is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday from 1 p.m to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Roland G. Parrish Library of Management & Economics

This library, located in the Krannert Builiding at 504 W. State St., recently finished renovations in 2012. The Parrish Library offers “state-of-the-art facilities, including the Steelcase LearnLab™ IMPACT classroom, modern conference rooms and integrated group study spaces. The open concept focuses on collaboration and the use of technology to enhance access to library resources.” The hours for this library are as follows: Monday through Thursday it is open 24 hours, Friday from 12 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to midnight.

Siegesmund Engineering Library

The Siegesmund Engineering Library housed in the Potter Engineering Center has “a large print collection that includes journals, books, standards, government documents and technical reports.” This library offers research assistance, study tables for individuals and areas for study groups. The hours for the library are as follows: Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 12 a.m., Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to midnight.