Former Purdue basketball star Robbie Hummel has recently finished his first NBA experience in the summer league with the Minnesota Timberwolves in Las Vegas. He averaged 15.4 minutes off the bench and shot 42.1 percent from the field, averaging 3.6 points and 3.8 rebounds per game.

Hummel gave us a few minutes of his time earlier this week to talk about how his July went and what’s next for him.

The Exponent: So what have you been doing since the summer league ended?

Hummel: I’ve been in between Valpo, West Lafayette, and Indianapolis.

The Exponent: How was your first NBA summer league experience?

Hummel: It was a good experience I think. I got to play with guys who have been in the NBA and ones that are trying to make it in the NBA. It was a pretty cool situation and it went pretty well.

The Exponent: What kind of changes have you noticed in the NBA style of play?

Hummel: Especially coming from Purdue, we run that motion offense with a lot of movement, cutting and screening whereas a lot of NBA team’s sets spread the floor and kind of let guys do their thing. That’s a little bit different. It’s really like playing a different game to be honest.

The Exponent: What did you think about E’Twaun Moore’s play in summer league and the trade with him and JaJuan (Johnson) getting traded together?

Hummel: I thought he played really well. It was something where he got caught up in a contract and they needed to make a trade. It wasn’t because (Moore) wasn’t playing well. It was crazy those guys got traded as a tandem to Houston. It’s funny how it works. I was with them the night before it happened and they had no idea.

The Exponent: What do you think about this kind of stuff happening in relation to what could happen to you?

Hummel: It’s something you look at and it could happen at anytime or to anybody. It’s a crazy business we’re working in.

The Exponent: What’s next for you now?

Hummel: I just have to stay in shape. I have some options I’m looking at right now. I’ll figure out what I’m going to do here in the next week or so.

The Exponent: So when will you know if you will be playing for the Timberwolves in the fall?

Hummel: I mean, it depends on what we choose to do. It could be soon, it could be training camp. There are a lot of options for us right now.