Two IM flag football players famous after landing the play of the day on SportsCenter - Purdue Exponent: Sports

Two IM flag football players famous after landing the play of the day on SportsCenter

Related YouTube Video

Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:31 am | Updated: 4:17 pm, Thu Sep 27, 2012.

A Purdue intrumural flag football player has been watching himself on SportsCenter all morning.

Brady Cronk and Drake Barrett are now famous after Cronk's bizarre behind the back 30-yard touchdown made the No. 1 play in SportsCenter's Top-10. 

At the end of the team's 30-7 victory on Sunday, Brady Cronk delivered a 30-yard behind the back touchdown pass to Drake Barrett. Purdue Rec Sports was filming the game at the time and caught the entire play on tape.

For days, Cronk and his teammates had been begging Purdue Rec Sports to release the tape and finally yesterday he was notified that his team's video was on YouTube.

Cronk's roommate, Purdue punter Cody Webster, tipped SportsCenter on the play. Shortly after, Cronk received a direct message via Twitter from SportsCenter asking if the show could air his play on SportsCenter's daily Top-10 plays of the day.

"I had to turn my phone off last night because it was blowing up so much," Cronk said. "I have gotten about 40 new followers since last night."

Cronk's perfect trick pass wasn't something he just tried; he has been practicing it for a while.

"I've been throwing the behind the back pass forever and my teammates all season long have been trying to get me to do it," Cronk said. "We were up quite a bit at the end of the game and I was pretty far back. I told Drake to get on the far side and run a deep post to the end zone and he caught it."

Check out the video here: