ND QB Tommy Rees' sister charged with public intoxication at Ross-Ade, later takes deferral - Purdue Exponent: Sports

ND QB Tommy Rees' sister charged with public intoxication at Ross-Ade, later takes deferral

Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2011 10:45 am | Updated: 3:17 pm, Tue Nov 29, 2011.

UPDATED COVERAGE:

On Nov. 2, Meghan Rees accepted a deferral agreement with Tippecanoe County Court 4 on charges of public intoxication.

Rees, 21, was charged during the Oct. 1, 2011, Purdue football loss to Notre Dame. She is the sister of Irish quarterback, Tommy Rees.

Her deferral agreement has nine points of requirements for Tippecanoe County Court that witholds a conviction. Among them, she had to pay $269 in deferral fees, pay $100 in Court Services fee, pay $100 in a community service fee, perform 24 hours of community service and maintain good and lawful behavior for a period of one year ending Nov. 2, 2012. Furthermore, she waives her right to search and seizure during the period of probation.

The terms of the deferral agreement are standard for first-time offenders in Tippecanoe County.

ORIGINAL COVERAGE (OCT. 4, 2011):

According to police reports, the sister of Notre Dame starting quarterback Tommy Rees was arrested on charges of public intoxication at Purdue over the weekend.

Meghan Rees, a 21-year-old student at Miami University of Ohio, was cited at Ross-Ade stadium at 8:38 p.m. Her younger brother, Tommy, was on the field leading the Fighting Irish to a 38-10 win over Purdue.

Purdue Police Captain Eric Chin said at around 8:30 p.m. officers received a report of a fight occurring in section 116 of the stadium. When the officers responded to the report, fans pointed to Rees as the one causing the disturbance.

"We did discover that a Meghan Rees was implicated as being one of the individuals involved in the disturbance in 116 and she was escorted out of the stands and into the concourse," Chin said.

Chin said once she was escorted out, the officers made the arrest based on probable cause. No others were arrested in the fight, Chin said, but officers did stay near the section to act as a visual deterrent to avoid future fights.