Collegiate Consulting, a solutions-based consulting company focused exclusively on the collegiate marketplace, will assist the Purdue athletic department with a full-time, professional sales staff in an attempt to increase ticket sales.

Associate athletic director Tom Schott said the athletic ticket office will continue its role of allocating tickets and managing those operations, while the focus of Collegiate Consulting will be reaching out to fans to get them interested in purchasing both single-game and season tickets.

“A key emphasis will be placed on former buyers,” Schott said. “Collegiate consulting will not be involved with student ticket sales.”

Collegiate Consulting’s transitional sales staff will start at Purdue later this month, while the full-time staff will arrive in February, according to Collegiate Consulting managing director Russell Wright. The staff will consist of four general managers and three account executives.

“Our model is to develop a fan-focused, experience-driven philosophy which complements the marketing and development efforts of the athletics department,” Wright said

Purdue athletics director Morgan Burke said in a statement on Monday that working with Collegiate Consulting will increase ticket sales and attendance at Purdue athletic events.

“We want to better understand how to meet our customers’ needs by providing options and gaining feedback from our fan base,” Burke said. “The Collegiate Consulting staff will work closely with our John Purdue Club and athletic ticket office staffs to ensure our fans receive first-class treatment.”

Valparaiso resident Susanna Young, who’s had Purdue football season tickets for the last fifteen years, said she’s excited the school is taking an initiative to do a better job of filling Ross-Ade Stadium.

“It really takes away from the atmosphere of the game when there’s a lot of empty seats or fans from opposing schools,” Young said. “It has to be deflating for the players to see as well.”

Purdue becomes the sixth Big Ten school to partner with Collegiate Consulting, joining Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Northwestern, and Ohio State.