Before the team’s practice Sunday, head coach Danny Hope talked about injuries suffered in Saturday’s 38-14 loss to Wisconsin and looked ahead to next weekend’s game at undefeated Ohio State.

He said that star returner Raheem Mostert will be out 2 to 4 weeks with a knee strain. Danny Anthrop, Antavian Edison and Akeem Shavers all are candidates to replace Mostert in his absence. Receiver O.J. Ross left the game with turf toe but seems to be okay, according to Hope.

Offensive line not entirely at fault for poor passing game:

After believing the offensive played poorly following the Wisconsin game, Hope now says the unit actually was solid.

He blamed the failure on dropped passes as well as anxious quarterback play. The film showed that the four sacks surrendered were a result of quarterbacks unnecessarily taking them, not bad protection.

He also said he isn’t sure how the team is “going to go about our business” regarding the quarterback rotation.

Execution, not different game plan, important at Ohio State:

Hope talked about execution and how he and his staff are going to have to work with the players better this week if the team is going to be

successful.

“The execution needs to be a little bit cleaner,” he said. “This past weekend, I still think we had a good game plan. Obviously we need to do a better job teaching and coaching so that our players can perform better.”

Hope’s defense allowed close to 250 yards on the ground to Michigan’s Denard Robinson two games ago and faces a very similar test in Ohio State’s Braxton Miller on Saturday.

Asked if he was planning on going about preparation differently this week, he said probably not.

“We weren’t really that far off against Michigan from playing a lot better on defense, even though the score and numbers are really lopsided.”

Biggest concern after Saturday was missed tackles:

Hope said that the team had 27 missed tackles on Saturday, many more than it takes to be successful, he added.

“That’s a lot of missed tackles,” he said. “Normally, you anticipate probably about 10 percent of offensive (players) having a missed tackle. So if a team runs 80 plays, you might have eight missed tackles ... We had three times as many, so that was a real difference maker in the ballgame.”

He said that was why the Badgers ended up with almost 500 rushing yards. He continued by saying it could be a result of being “misaligned or misassigned.”