The Purdue football player who was stabbed in an incident last Friday was released from the hospital Tuesday.

Sophomore wide receiver Selwyn Lymon, 20, was released from St. Elizabeth Medical Center, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

Lymon was stabbed in the upper chest region Friday outside Nick's Nightclub in the Levee. Lymon was admitted to St. Elizabeth's and was originally listed as critical, but stable condition. He underwent surgery that same day.

Coach Joe Tiller is concerned for the well-being of Lymon, but questioned the player's importance to the football team at Friday's practice.

No arrests have been made in the case, but police do have a description of a possible suspect.

From witness accounts, the suspect is a black female, approximately 5-feet-2 inches, 170 pounds, with rust-colored hair. She was reportedly seen with two individuals at the nightclub. One is a black heavyset male, wearing a white shirt with a colored stripe across the front. The other was a black female, medium build, with a dark jacket and dark pants.

Anyone with information is asked to call West Lafayette Police at (765) 775-5200.

Lymon appeared in 13 games and started 12 last year. In those games, Lymon ranked fourth on the team with 33 receptions, 580 yards and three touchdowns. In the Sept. 30 game against Notre Dame, Lymon piled up 238 yards, the second most by a Purdue receiver and the most by a Notre Dame opponent.

Lymon is expected to miss the rest of spring practice.

Tags