Kyle Runkle

Kyle Runkle

A student who was to graduate on Sunday died overnight, according to an email sent by a Purdue administrator.

Kyle Runkle, an undergraduate student in Purdue's School of Aeronautics and Astronautics, died overnight, according to an email from William Crossley, head of Purdue's School of Aeronautics and Astronautics.

“It is with great sorrow that I share with you the news that Kyle Runkle, one of our undergraduate students who was to participate in graduation commencement this morning, passed away overnight,” Crossley wrote in an email. "Our thoughts are with Kyle’s family and friends at this difficult time. The School, College, and University express our condolences to those who knew and interacted with Kyle.”

No cause of death was mentioned in the email.

Crossley also offered resources to those who were impacted by Runkle’s death.

“Purdue does have resources available to assist those impacted by this loss. I am providing a list of these below; these are written from the perspective of faculty and staff who might be in a position to assist a student, but students should feel free to take advantage of these resources directly,” the email said.

• CAPS walk-in location is inside the Student Health Center (PUSH), Room 228 or 224 for assistance.

• CAPS is aware of this death and is able to see students individually or as a group if students walk over together.

• Students can also speak to a therapist after-hours, on the weekend, and over winter break by calling CAPS main line at 765-494-6995.

• Office of the Dean of Students: Our staff can also outreach to impacted students. We are open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm. You can encourage students to stop by our office on the second floor of Schleman Hall or call at 765-494-1747.