10 a.m., Sunday

The grand total was revealed. PUDM has raised $1,065,610.23 in the past year.

9:30 a.m., Sunday

Participants formed the "Dream Big Circle" around the entire gym moments before the reveal of the grand total. Many linked arms and swayed to the music.

9 a.m., Sunday

8:46 a.m., Sunday

Kids who are part of the Riley Children’s Hospital sang along to tunes such as "Imperfections" by Céline Dion. Other performances include PUDM members singing the theme song to "Friends" on the ukulele. 

8:15 a.m., Sunday

The Pink Track was announced as the winning team for the "Color Wars." 

"I've only been on one track, but I think each track is just so incredible," said Katy Zaloudek, a freshman in the College of Engineering.

Zaloudek said participants apply to be part of the PUDM Morale Committee and get placed in a color track. Members of the Morale committee wear tie-dyed shirts while members in different color tracks wear specific colors.

"It's just like, a smaller family within a huge group," she said.

7:15 a.m., Sunday

Crowd members took a knee and the room fell silent as Tyler Trent's parents, Kelly and Tony Trent, spoke about their son's battle with cancer and the importance of programs such as PUDM. 

As his parents held back tears, so did members of the crowd.

"Purdue is a really, really special place for Tyler," Kelly Trent said. 

This year, PUDM will be raising $10,300 to contribute to the Tyler Trent Cancer Research Endowment.

6:45 a.m., Sunday

One of Purdue's improv comedy groups, The Crazy Monkeys, cracked jokes and played "Fast Facts" with the crowd. The game had the audience shout random topics for the comedy group members to share fast facts about. Topics ranged from croutons, "Shrek" and cargo shorts.

5:30 a.m., Sunday

The "Wicked Weiner," or Kirsten Adams as she's more commonly known, is a freshman in the College of Agriculture. She was inspired to dress up as a hot dog wearing a witch hat from a Vine, in vein with the Morale Dance, which includes several memes.

For Adams, the dance marathon's goal to raise money for the Riley Children's Hospital strikes a more personal note than just general philanthropy. Her brother and her cousin were past Riley patients.

"Riley has always had sort of a soft spot in my heart ... giving me kind of my life with those family members," she said. "What they do at Riley is awesome and I recommend anybody to see a part of it or contribute to it in any way they can."

11/10/19 PUDM, Kirsten Adams

Kirsten Adams dresses as a hot dog witch for one of PUDM's unofficial themes: memes.

4 a.m., Sunday

Maddie Wellington, a freshman in the College of Education, is keeping her energy up with "caffeine and Cheez-Its." She and Morgan Spanopoulos, a freshman in the College of Engineering, are part of the group from Phi Mu participating in the marathon.

11/9/19 Spotlight: Wellington and Spanopoulos

Maddie Wellington (left), a freshman in the College of Education, and Morgan Spanopoulos, a freshman in the College of Engineering, are at PUDM as part of the Phi Mu group.

"I've had enough caffeine — my body's fatigued but mentally I'm here, so that's all that matters," Spanapoulos said, laughing.

She said the key to keeping energy up is changing shoes.

3 a.m., Sunday

PUDM participants learned new sections of this year's Morale Dance, learning dance moves to snippets of songs like the Jonas Brothers' "Sucker," "Love on Top" by Beyonce and "All Star" by Smash Mouth.

1:40 a.m., Sunday

Nine hours into the event, PUDM organizers on stage revealed the amount of money raised just since the start of the dance marathon: about $58,000. This doesn't include the total raised in the past year, which has hit as high as over a million dollars in recent years.

1 a.m., Sunday  

The national marrow donor program "Be The Match" surpassed its goal of signing up 400 new donors. The program saw over 500 dancers sign up before 1 a.m. Sunday, compared to about 350 total last year.

11:55, Saturday

11/9/19 Spotlight: Adisen Van Deventer

Adisen Van Deventer, a freshman in Exploratory Studies from Osceola, Indiana, is participating in PUDM after doing dance marathons in high school.

"I really loved serving toward an overall purpose for the kids," she said. "I really like kids and want to serve others in some way and thought that was a good way of doing it.”

10 p.m., Saturday 

Dancers moved to the gym to learn another section of this year's Morale Dance.

10 p.m., Saturday

Students took a knee to hear from from Marizel and Tim Justice, the parents of Riley kid Maddy, who died of leukemia six years ago. Marizel spoke about why she tells Maddy’s story and why she’s at Purdue tonight.

8:45 p.m., Saturday

PUDM participants are staying awake this evening in part thanks to group activities, including a "Simon Says"-style game that involved running from one side of the gym to the other and forming small groups while following directions.

11/9/19 PUDM group game

PUDM participants run across the gym as part of a group game. The dance marathon's organizers have led several games during the evening to keep participants awake and active.

8:15 p.m., Saturday

Andrew Stallings, the dance marathon coordinator for Riley Children’s Hospital, spoke to PUDM participants about how their contributions help the hospital. He said that PUDM is Riley’s largest annual donor and that the money raised goes toward the Herman B. Wells Center for Pediatric Research, the Riley Child Life Program and new this year, the Tyler Trent Cancer Research Endowment.

7:20 p.m., Saturday

Families of children at Riley Children's Hospital gave their testimony in the feature gym of the Córdova Recreational Sports Center. Matt Quinn shared the story of his son, Owen, who was diagnosed with a form of cerebral palsy, and was treated at Riley.

"We felt like they saw us as real people going through real issues — not just a patient file," Matt Quinn said.

6:10 p.m, Saturday

Students learned dance moves to various songs, cheering each time the bell — which signifies when $100 is earned — was rung.

5:15 p.m., Saturday

Bruce Barker, the "Piano Man," who plays at the Neon Cactus in West Lafayette, played songs such as "Africa" by Toto, "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond and "Piano Man" by Billy Joel as the crowd clapped and sang along.

4:45 p.m., Saturday

Parents of a former Purdue student who faced Hodgkin's Lymphoma spoke to the crowd about their son’s experience fighting cancer. They advocated for a program called Be the Match, which allows individuals to donate marrow to those with leukemia and lymphoma. Students can register for Be the Match while at PUDM.

4 p.m., Saturday

Purdue University Dance Marathon, an 18-hour marathon to raise money for Riley Children's Hospital, launched this afternoon, with a speech from Savannah Bratcher, the president of PUDM. Bratcher said 1,800 students are participating.