5/1/19 Scott Henderson Anvil Demo Day

Entrepreneurial students listen to Scott Henderson, the chief entrepreneurial officer at the Purdue Research Foundation, at The Anvil's Demo Day April 12.

Students from several of Purdue's entrepreneurial clubs and organizations have teamed up to create what they hope will become a hub of innovation on campus.

Purdue Student Entrepreneurship Council has created a website, Startup Purdue, to house information regarding student startups, internships as well as part- and full-time jobs, according to a Purdue press release.

"Startup Purdue is the landing page for all things about student entrepreneurship," said Anuraag Yachamaneni, a member of the Purdue Student Entrepreneurship Council, in the press release. "Whether you want to join a community, want to start your own startup or join an existing one, students will be able to access that information through our website."

The council is made up of students representing The Anvil, a student-run co-working space; Delta Mu Kappa, a co-ed entrepreneurship fraternity; MsTech, a women- and tech- focused entrepreneurship organization; and 3 Day Startup, a weekend program to teach entrepreneurship skills.

The Burton D. Morgan Center for Entrepreneurship and Purdue Foundry are also involved in supporting the council's initiatives.

In addition to Startup Purdue, the council fosters relationships between entrepreneurship organizations, allowing members to share what their organizations are working on and for other council members to support those initiatives.

"The entrepreneurial environment at Purdue is growing, and it is growing rapidly," Yachamaneni said in the press release. "If you’re a student who gets involved right now, you have so much room to grow as a person and the community as a whole. It is the perfect opportunity."