Editor's note: A previous version of this story said the Target store was still due to be completed this fall, and has been updated to reflect new information.

Muinzer Management has announced that the new 300 W. State Street apartments will not be completed by the intended move-in date of Aug. 15.

Residents received letters this week that say future residents will move into temporary housing pending the completion of the apartments.

The letter does not say where residents will live when they return to the start of classes.

Tenants concerned about their future living arrangements have taken to Reddit to voice their concerns and dismay.

The letter states that Muinzer Management will provide temporary and comparable housing for tenants during the duration of construction. The letter also does not give a timeline on when the apartments are expected to be completed.

The West State Street apartments are one of the new apartment complexes along State Street. The Target store under the apartments is also delayed, now due to be completed in 2020. 

The five-story building includes the Target store and four floors of apartments, which a rezoning application said would have 36 fully furnished units with 96 bedrooms.