6/17/18 ToT

Night falls over the crowd at TASTE of Tippecanoe.

Today

Kick off summer 4 to 7 p.m. with games, inflatables, snacks and a ninja obstacle course. Open to all students and free with a PUID. If it rains, head inside the Union South Ballroom instead.

Thirsty Thursdays with the Lafayette Aviators. Every Thursday home game this summer features $4 craft drafts and $2 domestic drafts and a new, local brewery on tap at the People’s Brewing Co. Patio on the 1st base line. Leave your car at home and let CityBus take you to and from the game for free. Show your Aviators ticket to the bus driver, and they’ll bring you to the game and back home at no charge, Monday-Friday. More info at gocitybus.com/aviators and www.lafayettebaseball.com/.

Lafayette Citizens Band Concert, 7:30 p.m. at Riehle Plaza, 200 N. 2nd St. Free.

Friday

“The Art of Entertainment” choral workshop will be on campus this week; the Road Scholar/formerly Elderhostel workshop has been on campus since 1995, and this year, 60 singers from the U.S. and Canada will participate. The culmination is a free concert at 2 p.m. at Hillenbrand Hall.

Saturday

CityBus “Tour the Town” narrated bus tours around the area start at 9:30 and 10:30 a.m.. Free. Board at First and Main streets.

Greater Lafayette Soap Box Derby, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Grant Street hill at 1105 Grant St., West Lafayette. Kids ages 7 to 18 may participate in the Stock, Super Stock, or Challenger divisions, and winners get to race at the All American Soap Box Derby in Akron, Ohio. GLSBD cars are available. The race is free to watch, $40 per child to enter. Pre-registration is recommended. For more information, go to the event’s Facebook page.

TASTE of Tippecanoe, 4 p.m. to midnight in downtown Lafayette. Features live music on multiple stages, food booths by local restaurants, fireworks, children’s activity area and beer and wine gardens. The TASTE of Tippecanoe is the major fun-raising event for the Tippecanoe Arts Federation. General admission $7.50.

Cornhole tournament at the Tick Tock in Lafayette starting at 5:30 p.m. The tourney is double elimination, first to 21. Bring your own partner; $20 team buy-in. Only house bags. The pot pays first and second places.

Antique Trade Faire & Farmer’s Market, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Farmer’s market, baked goods, antique dealers, historical craftpersons, folk art, jewelry. Koehler Brothers Nursery and Landscaping, 3120 Dayton Road, Lafayette.

Pioneer Kids Day at Wabash & Erie Canal Park, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., 1030 N. Washington St., Delphi. The experience of the canal travel with rides on our canal boat, the Delphi. Learn about the early life in a canal town using games and crafts that typify the 1850s. Food and fun for all ages. For more information, see www.wabashanderiecanal.org/.