9/28/17 Illinois - Katie Luce

Freshman goalkeeper Katie Luce snags the ball out of the air on an Illinois cross.

Thirteen home games, including six of the team's 11 Big Ten games at Folk Field at Purdue, highlight the 2018 schedule for Purdue women's soccer, which was announced last week by head coach Drew Roff.

Including a pair of preseason exhibitions, the Boilermakers play 12 of their first 16 games at home. Notre Dame, West Virginia, Iowa State, Louisville, Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota and Wisconsin headline the list of strong opponents during that home-heavy stretch.

Admission is free to all fans for every game at Folk Field.

Roff will challenge his young team with a five-game non-conference stretch that includes matchups with West Virginia, Iowa State, Georgia, South Carolina and Louisville, according to a press release.

The Gamecocks reached the 2017 College Cup as an NCAA Tournament qualifier for the 10th time in the last 11 years. WVU was the national runner-up in 2016 and has been to the NCAA Tournament every year since 2000.

After a two-year hiatus, the Boilermaker Challenge Cup returns to Folk Field. Purdue will host the four-team tournament for the 16th time. As was the case in 2015, all four teams in the field are from Power 5 conferences.

It will be a Big Ten-Big 12 challenge as Purdue and Northwestern square off against WVU and Iowa State the weekend of Aug. 24 to 26. The Mountaineers are set to make their first appearance in West Lafayette since 2012.

After its Labor Day Weekend road trip to Georgia and South Carolina, the Boilermakers open a four-game homestand with a rematch vs. Louisville on Sept. 6.

Big Ten play kicks off the weekend of Sept. 13 to 16 with visits from Michigan State and Michigan.

A Purdue soccer alumni weekend has been planned for Sept. 15 to 16. It will center around the Saturday evening football game vs. Missouri (7:30 p.m. ET) and Sunday afternoon soccer game vs. Michigan (1 p.m.).

The annual Golden Boot rivalry game with Indiana will be on a Saturday for the third year in a row. The Hoosiers visit Folk Field to close out the month of September.

The regular season opens nationwide on Friday, Aug. 17. The Boilermakers host Eastern Michigan that night, continuing a five-game homestand that begins with preseason exhibitions vs. Indiana State (Aug. 8) and Notre Dame (Aug. 11).

Purdue is slated to play at Nebraska on Sept. 23, making its first trip to Lincoln since October 2014. The Boilermakers are the only Big Ten team that has yet to play at NU's Barbara Hibner Soccer Stadium, which opened in August 2015.

SCHEDULE BREAKDOWN

* Home Games: 13

* Road Games: 7

* Games Against 2017 NCAA Tournament Qualifiers: 7

* Big Ten Home: Michigan State, Michigan, Indiana, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio State

* Big Ten Road: Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers

* Big Ten Non-Play: Penn State, Maryland

* Big Ten Tournament: Oct. 28 to Nov. 2; top 8 qualify - site locations TBA

* Boilermaker Challenge Cup: Purdue and Northwestern vs. West Virginia and Iowa State (Aug. 24-26)

* More Non-Conference Home Games: Eastern Michigan, Louisville, Western Michigan

* Labor Day Weekend Road Trip: at Georgia and South Carolina

* Preseason Exhibitions: vs. Indiana State and Notre Dame

* 2017 NCAA Tournament Qualifiers: South Carolina, West Virginia, Northwestern, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Notre Dame