12/4/19 chris ruhl

Chris Ruhl

Purdue President Mitch Daniels announced Tuesday that beginning Jan. 1, Chris Ruhl will be the University's chief financial officer and treasurer.

Ruhl will be in charge of managing Purdue's budget of more than $2 billion and oversee all financial affairs, business services, human resource services and internal audit functions, according to a press release. 

Bill Sullivan, the previous CFO and treasurer, served the position since 2014 and will retire at the end of the year, according to a press release.

"Chris's performance over the past two years has validated his readiness for his vital position," Daniels said in a press release. "His commitment and dedication to this university make him the ideal choice for this role, and I look forward to continuing to work with him during what will certainly be a seamless transition."

Since July 2017, Ruhl served as senior vice president for strategic initiatives for Purdue and CFO for Purdue University Global. He was also the CFO and general counsel for Ivy Tech Community College before he came to Purdue.

Ruhl also served as director of the Indiana Office of Management and Budget, director of the Indiana State Budget Agency and policy director and general counsel for the Indiana OMB under former Gov. Daniels.