Wilmeth Active Learning Center Interior

A power outage in the Wilmeth Active Learning Center lasted 30 minutes Wednesday morning, according to Amanda Gill, operations manager of Purdue Libraries.

A power outage early Wednesday morning meant some students found themselves studying in rooms across campus without light, as the University worked to restore power to places where students may be taking exams.

Purdue Emergency, the University's Twitter account for campus-wide alerts, tweeted that a power outage was still affecting buildings as of 10 a.m. The earliest exams are allowed to begin is 8 a.m.

The power was out for about 30 minutes in the Wilmeth Active Learning Center, according to Amanda Gill, operations manager for Purdue Libraries.

Dennis Bowling, senior associate director at the Student Success Center, was helping the Disability Resource Center situate those with testing accommodations in WALC Wednesday morning, and said the power didn't go out in Krach Leadership Center when he was there earlier in the morning.

According to the final exam schedule provided on Purdue's website, several exams were scheduled to take place in WALC Wednesday morning. The Office of the Registrar did not immediately provide comment at 11 a.m., saying it was busy with the effects of the outage.

Purdue spokesman Tim Doty later released a statement on the office's response to the outage.

"The Registrar’s Office, which schedules time and place for all exams, allowed each instructor to determine how to handle their individual exams, depending on circumstance and what made sense for their specific course."