12/7/18 BoT

The Board of Trustees approved Friday a new online system called Purdue Online, which first plans to amalgamate Purdue's online course offerings in one place.

Two members of Purdue’s Board of Trustees have been reappointed by Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb, along with a newly appointed student member.

Trustees Don Thompson and Sonny Beck will serve another three-year term, according to a news release from the governor's office. Same with trustee Malcolm DeKryger, who was re-elected by the Purdue Alumni Association.

A new student trustee, Noah Scott from Leesburg, Indiana, will serve the next two years. The student trustee is one of the 10 seats on the board. He or she has an equal vote on all actions.

Scott, who is a student in the College of Engineering, has been active in various organizations on campus. Serving as the vice president of administration for the Interfraternity Council and standard board chair for Sigma Tau Gamma, Scott is also involved in the Old Master Central Committee and with the dean of students.

Thompson has served on the board since 2009. The Chicago native earned an undergraduate degree at Purdue in 1984. He was awarded an honorary doctorate from Excelsior College in Albany, New York.

Beck, who is from Atlanta, Indiana, was first appointed in 2013, six years after he earned his honorary doctoral degree in agriculture in 2007.

DeKryger, who is one of the three alumni trustees, earned his master's degree from Purdue in agriculture in 1983.