Purdue police and fire officials responded to a call around 1:40 p.m. of a female worker hurt by plywood Tuesday afternoon on the fifth floor of the renovation and addition to the Agricultural and Biological Engineering building.

Construction workers were transporting plywood when she was struck in the lower body, according to Jim Bush, the Assistant Director of Purdue's New Service.

According to Purdue Police Chief John Cox, the woman may have broken her hip.

Rescuers brought her down around 2:42 p.m. utilizing a long ladder that extended to the top to bring her down, officials said.

She has been taken away from the scene by ambulance to Indiana University Arnett Hospital with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries, according to Bush.

In June 2018, nearly a year ago, two construction workers fell 15 to 20 feet while working with concrete at the Rise apartment complex.

According to West Lafayette Fire Department Deputy Chief Jeff Need, one of those workers caught himself before falling the full distance.

The fall, Need said, resulted from a failure in a support system. Their injuries were non-life-threatening.

Need said Brinkmann Construction would be handling that investigation internally.

Despite all of the construction taking place across West Lafayette, Need said last summer that calls like this are uncommon.

"We've got a lot of construction going on in West Lafayette and we just don't have very many accidents, fortunately," Need said. "Certainly for life safety, that's the most important thing, but also to keep projects moving along."

This story will be updated.