Discovery Park sign with second in back
Evan Hebner

McCutcheon and Harrison residents can now rejoice — the master plan for the undeveloped fields adjacent to the residence halls on the west end of campus have been unveiled.

According to a press release, the Discovery Park District master plan announcement is part of a 30-year commitment to “transform the west side of the Purdue University campus.”

“The district will provide the necessary amenities to bring current and future leaders of academics and business together,” Dan Hasler, Purdue Research Foundation chief entrepreneurial officer, said in the press release.

“It is a long-term commitment and we are being very careful with each step of the process to make sure it is done right, because the Discovery Park District will be the front door to Purdue University for generations to come," he said.

The west side will be the future home of the Convergence building, which will house the Purdue Foundry.

“The Convergence facility will be an additional important venue for our collaborative partnerships for the commercialization of the life-changing research taking place in Discovery Park and across the Purdue campus,” said Suresh Garimella, Purdue’s executive vice president for research and partnerships.

Other facilities and groups that will be in the facility are the Purdue Office of Technology Commercialization, Purdue’s Office of Corporate and Global Partnerships, and WomenIN.

The press release also states that the building will be the first physical home of many of Purdue’s physical sponsors.

“The Aspire and Convergence projects represent the first of many exciting ventures planned for the next 10-20 years as part of our master plan,” said Adam Chavers, senior vice president of Browning, in the press release. “The careful planning of Discovery Park District sets the stage to maximize the relationship between the university and the community. It will also enhance Purdue’s reputation as an international leader in creating a community with both intellectual and innovative vibrancy.”