6/15/15 Third Street Suites

Third Street Market sits next to the Starbucks on the first floor of Third Street Suites, a residence hall that opened in 2014.

Students living on campus may soon not need to trek out to Chauncey Village to get frozen yogurt when cravings strike, and they'll have a healthier option to satisfy those cravings.

A Purdue startup will offer students dairy-free frozen yogurt at Third Street Market starting in September. 

The FroYo Xpress kiosk will allow students to choose from chocolate or vanilla yogurt as well as three toppings that may rotate seasonally based on demand, according to co-founder and Purdue senior Henry Berkemeier. Cup sizes will come in small and large and cost a base fee of either $4 or $6, respectively.

“Our mission is to offer healthy alternatives to traditional American desserts in a more convenient manner than ever before,” Marek Davis said in a press release, also a co-founder and senior in the College of Engineering. “To do so, we are providing 100 percent all-natural and dairy-free frozen yogurt products and giving consumers frozen yogurt in locations with high-foot traffic.”

Founded by Berkemier, Davis and Aarti Panda, a senior in the College of Science, the startup has received $33,500 from the Burton D. Morgan Business Model competition, the Elevate Purdue Foundry Fund's Black Award investment and the Baylor New Venture Competition.

It also receives "entrepreneurial mentorship and support" from Purdue Foundry, according to the release.