O'Neil Family

Left to right, Jean O’Neil, Michelle O’Neil, Ed O’Neil, Kelly Hug and Mike O’Neil.

We wanted find some way or someone to help us extend a heartfelt farewell and a lifetime of gratitude to the amazing people of Purdue University, West Lafayette and Lafayette, Indiana.

Our son, Ed O’Neil, graduates Saturday in Elliott Hall of Music. We all have such fond memories of this glorious venue since Ed was a four-year member and a senior manager of the magnificent Purdue Varsity Glee Club.

This is a bittersweet week for Ed and our family and friends from St. Louis. We have all traveled many times to your amazing town and University, only to realize that now we may be parting ways for a while!

Not only have you educated and befriended our son, you have also shown him, our entire family, many friends and relatives an amazing world of success and compassion.

You have all been an inspiration and home to Ed for almost five years. How could we ever thank you enough for that loving, nurturing friendship?

From the very first phone call, to this amazing University and to every student, family, faculty, staff member, administrator, police officer and business and restaurant worker that we met, we now cherish you as our forever second home and family.

We thank everyone of you for graciously welcoming all of us every day over these past five years into your amazing community and world! You have filled our hearts and expectations beyond belief.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

- The family of Edward Michael O’Neil, Class of 2019