3/30/19 NCAA Tournament, Virginia, Jeff Brohm

Purdue football coach Jeff Brohm and his family came to support Boiler basketball in the Elite Eight game against Virginia. 

Purdue's Board of Trustees addressed rising student enrollment, head football coach Jeff Brohm's future contract and other items at Friday morning's meeting, held at the Purdue Polytechnic Institute in Anderson.

A seven-year contract extension for Brohm was approved by the board, ensuring his employment until 2025, according to a press release.

Aspire at Discovery Park, the new apartment complex owned by the Purdue Research Foundation, officially leased over 330 beds to Purdue for the upcoming academic year. The trustees also approved the following transactions:

• The purchase of a 257,000-gross-square-foot building and 22 acres of land at 2550 Northwestern Ave.
  • The lease of an acre of land to Duke Energy to be used for building a combined heat and power plant over the next 35 years
  • The purchase of a Thermo Scientific Krios G3i Cryo Transmission electron microscope
  • The purchase of 13 single-engine Piper Archer aircraft to replace the School of Aviation Technology's current fleet

The board also approved a four-day winter recess for Purdue faculty and staff on Dec. 23, 27, 30 and 31.