A case of hepatitis A has been found in an employee who handled food at Arni's Market Square in Lafayette, according to a press release.

The employee worked while ill on Friday and Saturday before being diagnosed.

"While it is relatively rare for restaurant patrons to become infected with hepatitis A virus due to an infected food handler," the press release reads, "anyone who consumed food or drink at Arni’s Market Square in Lafayette during these dates is recommended to receive a hepatitis A vaccination within 14 days of exposure as further protection from becoming ill."

The restaurant is still open and a disinfection was conducted, according to the release.

A free vaccination clinic is scheduled at the Tippecanoe County Health Department for those with potential exposure to hepatitis A from 8 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m. on Sept. 23, and 8 a.m. to noon and 1-7 p.m. Sept. 24.

Vaccine must be administered within two weeks after the last day of exposure. 

Anyone who ate or drank at Arni's Market square on Friday or Saturday are also asked, according to the press release, to monitor their health for symptoms of hepatitis A up 50 days after exposure; wash their hands with soap and warm water frequently and thoroughly; especially after using the bathroom and before preparing food; and stay at home and contact their healthcare provider immediately if symptoms of hepatitis A infection develop.