5/27/19 Yapree White

A 22-year-old resident of Brown Street apartments near the Levee shopping center in West Lafayette has been arrested and charged with several felonies after undercover police say they bought heroin from him on four occasions.

Yapree White, 320 Brown St., sold two bags of heroin to wired undercover officers on Feb. 5, Feb. 18 and March 6, according to court documents filed this month. In return for marked currency, White allegedly gave the officers two baggies of what later was confirmed to be heroin.

In the last incident, an undercover officer was told to meet White near the Tippecanoe Mall, the documents say. When the officer left his vehicle and entered the Ford Explorer where White was seated in the back seat, next to him was a toddler girl. White allegedly sold the officer four baggies of heroin.

White has also been convicted of assault, drug possession and larceny in Cook County, Illinois, in 2016 and 2018, according to the documents. Prosecutors intend to file a charge of being an habitual offender in addition to the eight felony charges he faces of dealing and possessing drugs.

The 22-year-old is in the Tippecanoe County Jail today without bond on drug possession and $50,000 bond on dealing narcotics. He is also preliminarily charged with marijuana possession, according to jail records, with a bond of $250.