The deaths of two Tippecanoe County Jail inmates Saturday so far show no signs of involving foul play, the county sheriff's office said in a news release.

Isaiah Powe, 42, was found unresponsive in his cell mid-morning Saturday and died at a Lafayette hospital. Officials said he was homeless, but Powe is listed in online court records with a Chicago address.

Later in the day, 56-year-old Bonny Ahlrich, also listed as homeless, died in a cell in the holding area of the jail. Court records show she was recently evicted from a home on Ferry Street.

The release does not say when or why each was arrested. Jail records do not include Ahlrich but show Powe was booked at nearly 3 a.m. on preliminary charges of criminal confinement and possession of a firearm by a serious violent felon and was wanted on outstanding warrants.

At this point, the cases do not appear to be related. Autopsies are scheduled for today.

"To confirm we do not believe we have narcotics in our jail we reached out to our local police chiefs and received a great deal of support," the release said. Several agencies used dogs to sweep the jail, finding no narcotics.

Mental health counselors have responded to help inmates and correctional officers affected by the deaths.

Anyone who has information is asked to contact the sheriff's department at 765-423-9388 or the hotline at 800-78-CRIME.