1/2/19 Police Stock Images, Lafayette Police Car

An ongoing investigation into a possible homicide and arson case has uncovered a person of interest in Dayton, Ohio, according to a Lafayette Police Department press release.

The LPD contacted the police department in Dayton for help finding Andrew Alcorns, a man Lafayette detectives identified as a person of interest in their ongoing investigation into a death and a house fire that occurred on April 7. 

Alcorns was located by the Dayton police force, and suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound during the investigation. Alcorns is now being treated at a hospital in Dayton.

A 911 caller alerted the Lafayette police and fire departments to a fire and a stabbing at 818 S. 31st St. on April 7, according to a Lafayette Police Department press release. Police found resident Thomas Day at the location suffering from a stab wound and transported him to a local hospital to receive treatment.

Day is in critical but stable condition, according to police.

A deceased victim, who was also a resident at the location, was found with gunshot wounds, but no firearm was found at the scene. Police are awaiting the coroner's identification of the victim. An autopsy was scheduled for Wednesday.

No one has been arrested in connection to the incident, and police say the suspect should be considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information is asked to contact LPD at 765-807-1200. Tips can also be provided through the anonymous WeTIP hotline at 800-78-CRIME.