A judge discussed requests Tuesday to release both mental health and educational records in a case involving a girl who was allegedly abandoned in Lafayette by her adopted parents in 2013.

Michael Barnett was charged on Sept. 11 with two felonies, one alleging neglect of a dependent that puts the dependent in a situation that endangers their life or health, and one for allegedly abandoning the dependent. He turned himself in on Wednesday afternoon.

The petition seeking the release of the mental health records was filed by Michael Barnett on Wednesday, while the state of Indiana filed its request for the production of educational records Friday.

The next hearing is set for Oct. 15 at 1:30 p.m.

According to court documents filed on Sept. 11, Natalia Barnett came to the United States from Ukraine in 2008. By 2010, she was adopted by Michael and Kristine Barnett, examined by a doctor at Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital and assessed to be around 8 years old, based on a doctor-administered skeletal survey.

Natalia Barnett told police she had a form of dwarfism called spondyloepiphyseal, according to court records.

Michael Barnett admitted to police on Sept. 5 this year that the parents legally changed Natalia’s age from 8 to 22 in June 2012, and rented her an apartment in Lafayette in July 2013.

After about two years of living with the Barnetts in Hamilton County, Natalia was left alone in the North 11th Street apartment, she told police. By then, her adoptive parents were living in Canada. The girl told then-detective Robert Goldsmith her story in 2014, per a probable cause affidavit, saying that she hadn’t seen Michael or Kristine since they left for Canada.

Kristine Barnett turned herself in and bonded out Thursday morning.