1/2/19 Police Stock Images, Lafayette Police Car

The Lafayette Police Department is asking the public for information related to the death of a man who appears to have been struck by a vehicle on Sagamore Parkway Thursday morning.

Lafayette police discovered a dead body in the 3100 block of Sagamore Parkway about 8:15 a.m. Thursday, according to a press release from Sgt. Ian O'Shields. The coroner's office identified the body on the east side of the road near the Purdue Extension office as 34-year-old Justin A. Wilson, a resident of the Lafayette area.

His cause of death was multiple blunt-force trauma, with wounds consistent with being struck by a vehicle, according to a preliminary autopsy the coroner's office conducted on Friday.

Detectives are specifically asking passersby between 8 p.m. Wednesday and 8 a.m. Thursday to call LPD if they saw "an individual walking or a vehicle parked near the location," the press release states.

“We treat all of our death investigations as a homicide until we can prove otherwise,” Deputy Chief Coroner Carrie Costello said. “We don't go in with the assumption that it was a natural death."

Anyone with information involving this case, please contact LPD at (765) 807-1200 or the WeTip Hotline at (800) 78-CRIME.