10/22/19 West Lafayette Bank Robbery Suspect

West Lafayette Police released this image captured from Centier Bank's security camera of a robbery suspect on Tuesday afternoon. The man is considered a suspect in a robbery at the bank, 1020 Sagamore Parkway W., after an undisclosed amount of cash was taken. On early Wednesday morning, authorities located the suspect in Shelbyville and took him into custody. The suspect, 41-year-old Joseph Kruger, from Tilton, Illinois, is believed to be a suspect in multiple bank robberies in Indiana and Illinois.

Early Wednesday morning, authorities in a city southwest of Indiana located and arrested a suspect in a West Lafayette bank robbery.

Joseph Kruger from Tilton, Illinois, was taken into custody at a hotel in Shelbyville, Indiana. Later, he was transported to the Tippecanoe County Jail on one count of robbery while armed with a deadly weapon, according to a press release from the West Lafayette police.

Detectives believe Kruger might be involved in several other bank robberies throughout Indiana and Illinois. Those cases are still under investigation.

West Lafayette police worked with the Lafayette FBI office, the Shelbyville Police Department and the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Department on the case.

EARLIER COVERAGE:

Police are seeking assistance in locating a suspect who robbed a West Lafayette bank on Tuesday afternoon.

At approximately 2:05 p.m., West Lafayette police responded to a report of robbery at Centier Bank, 1020 Sagamore Parkway W., near the Pay Less Super Market.

After the robbery, a suspect left the bank heading north through the parking lot with an undisclosed amount of cash. The white man was wearing a fake beard, a gray sock hat, a gray sweatshirt and light-colored jeans. He was described as having a slender build and as being relatively tall. Officers searched the area nearby the bank on Tuesday afternoon, but did not locate the suspect.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call West Lafayette police at 765/775-5200 or the WeTip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME.