Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office car

Tippecanoe County sheriff's vehicle

Tippecanoe County Drug Task Force officers arrested several people in connection to a heroin dealing ring 500 feet away from Linnwood Elementary School in Lafayette.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Lafayette resident Sherry Huddleston was charged by the Tippecanoe County prosecutor with eight felonies and one misdemeanor, including the unlawful possession of a syringe, possession of a schedule I, II and IV substance, possession of a narcotic drug and two counts of dealing in a narcotic drug. Huddleston was arrested on Aug. 12, after a series of people exiting Huddleston’s residence admitted they purchased heroin from her.

The affidavit states officers had been conducting surveillance on Huddleston's residence on Morton Street when they saw Tarah York leave that address by car. York admitted she had visited the house to buy heroin from a woman named "Stella." York was then shown a picture of Huddleston, whom she identified as Stella. Later that day, Drug Task Force officers made another traffic stop on a car leaving the residence. According to driver Ashley Selby, she had just bought “$40 worth of heroin from Stella.”

That same day, officers obtained and served a warrant on the residence, finding “a substance that field-tested positive as fentanyl, alprazolam, amphetamine pills, synthetic drugs, scales, syringes" and a large amount of cash in Huddleston’s bedroom. Huddleston also admitted to officers that she sold heroin twice that day, had Xanax pills in her bedroom and used spice. She also told officers she gave heroin to her roommate Kim Remaly multiple times, who, according to the affidavit, “has been addicted to heroin” and was provided heroin by Huddleston during a recent relapse.

Huddleston is currently held on $50,000 bail.