With her AirPods in, Sandra Fettingis concentrated on painting what she described as “abstract, geometric ivy” on the side of a blue house in the heat earlier this week.

Fettingis and 12 other artists from places as far as Sydney, Australia, are painting murals on various walls, houses and buildings around Wabash Avenue for "Wabash Walls," a public art initiative by the Tippecanoe Arts Federation that began last summer.

Chris Chanyang Shim, who goes by “Royyal Dog,” was also out working on his mural of a women a hanbok, a traditional Korean dress.

Shim said he is originally from South Korea but now lives in Los Angeles.

“(I’ve) really liked to paint since I was 5,” he said. Initially, he got into doing murals by being involved in hip-hop culture.

Sophi Odling, who’s from Sydney, started transforming two gray walls of a warehouse-like building into a colorful mural of her daughter wearing a crown and wings while reading a book.

“I usually incorporate kids into my artwork and this is kind of like (an) opening up of the imagination,” she said, working high up on a boom lift in the summer heat.

Sandra Fettingis wasn’t painting a warehouse, but rather a house that belonged to the Bibles family.

Fettingis typically works in abstract, geometric patterns. For this house, she’s using vibrant colors to “marry the piece with the building itself,” she said. The house has another mural on the other side.

Fettingis has been making art for “forever,” she said, but did her first mural in Chicago.

“I got that first opportunity to paint in 2007,” she said. “I immediately fell in love with it. I just knew that I wanted to continue doing it.”