9/9/2019 Purdue Corn Maze

Exploration Acres’ corn maze has a different theme every year. Last year the theme was Stranger Things; this year it’s based on Purdue’s “150 Years of Giant Leaps” celebration.

A local corn maze has won USA Today’s “10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards,” according to a Purdue News release.

Exploration Acre’s Purdue-themed maze beat out every other corn maze in the nation. The Boilermaker-owned farm designed this year’s maze after the University’s ongoing “150 Years of Giant Leaps” celebration.

The maze features the faces of famous Boilermakers, like Amelia Earhart and Neil Armstrong, as well as other Purdue-related imagery, in a design that covers over 18 acres and uses more than 494,000 stalks of corn.

“We are excited to be recognized by USA Today as the best corn maze in America,” said Tim Fitzgerald, president and CEO of Exploration Acres, in a press release.

“This year’s maze is especially important to me because of our partnership with Purdue University. Exploration Acres is a small business owned by a family of Boilermakers. I met my wife as a student at Purdue. My dad, my sister and business partner and my son all have Purdue degrees as well.”

Exploration Acres opens Sept. 13 and tickets are available both online and in-person. The farm will stay open until Oct. 27.

This autumn the maze will be especially Purdue-themed, as every Saturday will be a “Purdue Pride Day,” per the release, for which those wearing Purdue gear can buy adult general admission tickets at a $3 discount. On Oct. 20 from noon to 4 p.m., representatives from some of Purdue’s colleges will appear to help with interactive activities for visitors.