Purdue volleyball (11-1, 2-0) reached No. 5 in the AVCA poll on Monday the same day it swept Big Ten weekly honors – Freshman of the Week (Eva Hudson) and Setter of the Week (Grace Balensiefer).
Members of the nation’s fifth-ranked recruiting class saw action for the first time as Boilermakers on Friday as Purdue softball kicked off its fall exhibition schedule with a doubleheader.
After two heartbreaking, last-minute losses and an excruciatingly narrow win over Group of Five opponent Florida Atlantic, the Purdue football team is the subject of many questions.
Purdue led Florida Atlantic University by 2 points as the Owls began a potential game-winning drive with two minutes left. Junior linebacker Jacob Wahlberg saved the Boilermakers, forcing a Florida Atlantic fumble to take away the Owls’ chance at a game-winning drive.
The Boilers took advantage of a golden opportunity to sweep the No. 8 Gophers at Holloway on Friday night to get off to a 1-0 conference start.
Tyler Downs, the 2020 Olympic diver who joined Purdue men’s swimming and diving last year, is not currently a student at Purdue, Ben Turner, the strategic communications officer for the program, said.
Purdue women’s golf entered the third and final round tied for ninth with Maryland, ultimately finishing just one stroke above of the Terrapins, falling to 10th place.
Purdue has played only one ranked match this year, its only loss this season. Friday’s opponent in Minnesota has played in multiple ranked contests, beating No. 12 Florida and No. 14 Baylor, but lost to No. 1 Texas, No. 5 Stanford and No. 17 Pepperdine.
Defensive end George Karlaftis and fullback Zander Horvath competed against each other on opposing teams for the first time Sept. 15, and commemorated the meeting by exchanging jerseys after the game.
- Day 2 push propels Boilers into 5th
- Home sweet Holloway
- Keeping up with Jones: Iowa transfers find what they were looking for
- Defensive starter out for 'extended period of time'
- Purdue blows out Indiana State, 56-0
- Boilers swept in first ranked challenge
- Boilers break in a hard-fought match
- T-minus 55 days until Purdue basketball
- One more for Winger
- Men's golf tees off season
- Cross-country team begins season
- Boilers move past Milwaukee despite ‘utter chaos’
- Boilers win in five sets to continue undefeated season
- Purdue Football: Overturned reception ‘sealed’ home-opener