Junior Jarle Volden used his record-breaking performance to help lead the Purdue men’s golf team to a win at the Robert Kepler Intercollegiate in Columbus, Ohio.

Volden posted a 9-under par score for the tournament, finishing first among all players for his inaugural medalist honors. The Norway native shot a 66, 5-under-par Sunday round to beat his closest competitor by six strokes.

“Jarle put together an amazing performance this week,” head coach Rob Bradley told Purdue Sports. “He is a great player and this win is something we knew was coming. He has a lot of offense and he is starting to figure it out.”

However, Volden was not the only Boilermaker that went low at the Scarlet Course. Fellow junior Timmy Hildebrand shot a 3-under final round to finish the tournament at even par, which was good for a solo fifth-place finish.

Both senior Brian Carlson and freshman Cole Bradley finished tied for 11th place in the individual standings.

As a team, Purdue won the tournament by finishing 3-under par, shaving 10 shots off each round of the weekend (293-283-273). The Boilermakers came into the final round five shots behind No. 13 Illinois, but ended the afternoon six shots clear of the Fighting Illini.

“I’m really proud of the guys and it’s obviously great to get a team win,” Bradley said. “The Scarlet Course is very challenging and is great preparation for next week’s Big Ten Championships.”

Purdue will head to Maryland for the Big Ten Championships, to be held Friday through Sunday at Baltimore Country Club.