10/12/17 Andrea Petrina, Nebraska

Senior midfielder Andrea Petrina pushed the ball up field against Nebraska on Thursday night.

After having the game-winning goal called back for apparently being offside, the Boilers lost to Nebraska as the Cornhuskers scored less than 30 seconds later. 

Senior defender Vanessa Korolas seemed to score the game winner for the Boilers on a header following multiple caroms following a corner kick from freshman defender Sarah Clark.

Korolas' goal was called back for offsides as the Boilermaker bench was streaming onto the field in elation. As the Boilermakers who were still on the field collected themselves, Nebraska launched down the field and score the game-winning goal mere moments after Purdue's letdown. 

After the game, the referee who made the controversial call refused to elaborate on his decision. 

"The call was offsides. That's all I can say," he said.

The Boilermakers looked down for the count at halftime, trailing 2-0 after quite possibly their worst half of the season. But they rebounded, scoring two goals in ten minutes but senior forward Maddy Williams and senior midfielder Andrea Petrina.

Head coach Drew Roff was proud of the fight his team showed in the second half and was obviously unhappy with the final call.

"I thought we had the game won," he said. "It's a tough on to swallow right now."

Thursday night was the third consecutive loss for the Boilers who now fall to 9-5-1 overall and 4-3-1 in the Big Ten. They will return to Folk Field at 1 p.m. Sunday to face Iowa.