Purdue basketball fans will be happy to hear that the Boilers’ most decorated recruit, freshman forward Caleb Swanigan, was ruled eligible to play in the 2015-16 season on Friday after an NCAA investigation.

The star recruit was not initially cleared to play as the NCAA was investigating Swanigan’s relationship with his guardian, Roosevelt Barnes.

Barnes, a former Purdue football, basketball and baseball player, became Swanigan’s adoptive father after Swanigan’s older brother, Carl Jr., asked that long-time mentor Barnes take him away when realizing that Swanigan had a promising future in basketball and that Barnes was the best-fit guy to help.

Barnes’ position as a sports agent in Fort Wayne, Indiana, caused speculation regarding his relationship with Swanigan.

He officially adopted Swanigan in 2011 when he was a 6-foot-2-inch, 360 pound eighth grader. Barnes reported to Bleacher Report that he didn’t have any ulterior motives for adopting the future Purdue player, stating that he adopted Swanigan because he loved him unconditionally, not because he was using him for basketball purposes.

Now, the freshman is 6 feet 9 inches and has lost over 100 pounds, weighing in at 250. As a result of the ruling, Swanigan participated in Purdue’s closed scrimmage against Dayton in Indianapolis on Sunday, and will take to the court on Nov. 13 with the rest of his teammates when the Boilers will open the season against North Carolina A&T.