Another new pool record for the women’s team coupled with five more event victories highlighted the second and final day of the Big Ten Triple Duals for the Purdue swimming and diving teams.

The Boilermakers finished off team victories against Northwestern in the dual meet scoring but came up on the short end against Minnesota. The 18th-ranked Purdue women (6-3, 4-3 B1G) cruised past Northwestern 244-109 and lost to No. 24 Minnesota 191-162. The Purdue men (5-4, 3-3 B1G) held off Northwestern 186-167 in what was the tightest team score of the six and lost to No. 20 Minnesota 224-129.

The Purdue women’s 400 medley relay team established a new pool record (3:41.54) at Northwestern’s Norris Aquatics Center while winning the event. Danny Conway (400 IM), Joe Cifelli (3-meter diving), Allie Davis (500 free) and Emily Fogle (200 breast) also won events Saturday. For seniors Conway, Davis and Fogle, it was their second individual victory of the weekend each.

Davis was part of two new pool records this weekend. After eclipsing Olympic gold medalist Dana Vollmer’s 200 free record Friday, she anchored the 400 medley relay team to the new record Saturday. Breanna Robinson, Fogle, Meagan Lim and Davis teamed up to eclipse the mark set by the Northwestern women in November of this season. Davis was also the runner-up in the 100 free Saturday.

Conway and Adam Noens finished one-two in the 400 individual medley. Davis and Kaersten Meitz did likewise in the 500 freestyle. Conway finished the weekend with a quintet of top-five finishes, and Noens did the same in four events. Conway won the 200 butterfly Friday.

Led by Fogle’s sweep of the women’s breaststroke events, Purdue had three of the top four finishers in both the 100 and 200. Cady Farlow also contributed to each of those top fours. Annie Spalding was third in the 200 Saturday. Fogle won the 200 breast with another NCAA provisional-qualifying time of 2:14.74.

Led by Cifelli’s victory in 3-meter diving, the Purdue men’s top finisher was a freshman in four events Saturday. "Our young guys did a great job stepping up this weekend after we were without most of our senior class and half the junior class due to a stomach virus,” head coach Dan Ross said. “Our lone senior to complete, Danny Conway, led the way in and out of the pool. There were a number of close touch outs like Brooks in the 1,000, Flager in the 100 fly, as well as Nguyen and Noens in the 200 breast. Our 200 free relay team that finished off the win vs. Northwestern was mostly underclassmen. I’m really looking forward to hosting Big Tens next month, and I feel we’re right on track for a great meet."

Austin Flager did his part by finishing as the runner-up in the 100 fly and contributing to each of the men’s top relay teams Saturday.

Boilermakers teamed up for two-three finishes in the men’s and women’s 200 backstroke, as well as the women’s 100 fly. It was all freshmen in the 200 back for Purdue – Maddie Barta and Robinson for the women, Tim Barth and Erik Juliusson for the men. Lim and Emmy Rawson also finished two-three in the 100 fly.

The Purdue women closed out the meet with a team season-best time of 1:33.27 in the 200 free relay from the quartet of Grace Hernandez, Davis, Fogle and Meitz.

The Big Ten Championships highlight the February schedules for the Boilermakers. Michigan hosts the women’s meet (Feb. 17-20), and the Men’s Big Ten Championships (Feb. 24-27) will be held at the Boilermaker Aquatic Center this season.