4/16/19 Butler, Cole McKenzie

Junior Cole McKenzie slides into home to score for the Boilers. 

Riding an 18-game reached base safely streak and batting .370 for the summer, Purdue baseball's Cole McKenzie has received all-star recognition in the West Coast League, according to Purdue Sports.

McKenzie is slated to represent the Wenatchee AppleSox on the North Division team at Tuesday's WCL All-Star Game in Bend, Oregon.

He is one of four Boilermakers playing for the AppleSox, a group that also includes Johnny Sage, Grant Brunt and James Kulak.

McKenzie joins Matt Moore (Cape Cod League) as Boilermakers to be selected as all-stars this summer.

McKenzie has reached base safely in 27 of his 29 WCL games. His current 18-game reached base safely streak is in line with what he did for Purdue this spring. As the only Boilermaker to start all 54 games, he reached base safely in 47 of the 54 contests - highlighted by 18- and 22-game streaks.

McKenzie finished the NCAA season riding the 22-game streak. He's batting an impressive .397 over his last 51 games (college and summer ball) dating back to April 13.

The rising senior outfielder, who earned third-team All-Big Ten honors as a utility man after also starting 21 games at first base for Purdue, is batting .370 with a .466 on-base percentage for the AppleSox. As of July 16, he's third in the WCL in both categories. He also leads his team in hits (40), doubles (9), hit by pitch (8) and stolen bases (11).

A sprained wrist has sidelined McKenzie since the third inning of a July 12 victory.

He singled in only at-bat of the game to extend his reached base safely streak.