3/4/19 Spring Football Practice, Jalen Graham, Simeon Smiley

Freshman defensive back Jalen Graham (left) and junior cornerback Simeon Smiley (right) watch as teammates run drills. 

Defense

Freshman defensive back Jalen Graham continues to impress on the field, intercepting a pass off sophomore quarterback Aidan O'Connell.

Another standout at the fourth spring practice was redshirt freshman Byron Perkins. He leveled sophomore wide receiver Tyler Hamilton as he ran for yards after the catch.

In a rare moment, sohpomore cornerback Dedrick Mackey ripped the ball out of Rondale Moore's hands. That might have been the first time that has happened to the sophomore wideout at Purdue, who has arguably the best ball carrying skills of any member on the football team. 

Offense

Offensive line coach Dale Williams did not hold back on Monday, replacing any lineman who did not impress him. Head coach Jeff Brohm replaced Sam Garvin after he sent a snap far over the head of fifth-year quarterback Elijah Sindelar.

Sophomore quarterback Nick Sipe was missing from practice, allowing redshirt freshman QB Jack Plummer to take the majority of second team snaps on the day.

Fan Information

Purdue's spring practices are free and open to the public. Typically from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m., fans can watch the team practice at Mollenkopf Athletic Center (indoors) or Bimel Practice Complex (outdoors), depending on the weather. No photos, videos or social media is allowed.

The annual Spring Game is set for noon on April 6 in Ross-Ade Stadium and will be televised on BTN.