9/30/14 Purdue Cross Country, Matthew McClintock

Purdue junior track and cross country runner Matthew McClintock prepares to run some laps at Rankin Track & Field.

EUGENE, Ore. - The Boilermakers are in the Pacific Northwest for the final meet of the 2015 season, the NCAA Outdoor Championships. Purdue has seven entries for the meet, including three on Wednesday, the first day of the four day competition.

The 2015 NCAA Championships are set to debut a number of firsts in the history of the meet. For the first time ever, the meet will be broadcast live in its entirety on the ESPN family of networks (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and online at ESPN3). A full TV schedule can be found above. Also for the first time, the meet has been split up, with the men competing Wednesday and Friday and the women on Thursday and Saturday. Previously, the men and women competed on the same days.

Chukwuebuka Enekwechi opens the championships for the Boilermakers on Wednesday. The two-event qualifier begins with the hammer throw at 1:30 p.m. PT and will be back in the evening at 5:30 for the shot put. Both events are finals, meaning Enekwechi will compete for an NCAA Championship in both events on the meet’s first day. A junior from Laurelton, New York, Enekwechi has qualified for the NCAA Championships in the hammer throw all three years, and has twice qualified in the shot put, including his freshman year. Enekwechi’s events will both be broadcasted live online on ESPN3.

Matthew McClintock also competes on the first day of the championships. The 10,000-meter NCAA East Preliminary Round champion and Big Ten runner-up is set to compete for a national championship at 6:43 p.m. PT. The junior was recently named the Great Lakes Region’s Track Athlete of the Year. His race will be live on TV on ESPNU. McClintock will be the last male athlete for the Boilermakers to compete at this year’s championships.

On the women’s side, the Boilermakers open with the 4x100-meter relay semifinal at 4 p.m. Thursday. Savannah Carson, Carmiesha Cox, Devynne Charlton and Brionna Thomas qualified through the NCAA East Prelims with a school record time of 43.97 seconds. Charlton will then be back on the track an hour later for the 100m hurdles semifinals at 5:02. The women’s 4x400m relay team of Aarin Jones, Cox, Symone Black and Thomas wraps up the day at 7:18 with the semifinals. For all three semifinals, the top two individuals in each heat, plus the next two fastest overall times will qualify for Saturday’s finals. The women’s 4x100m relay and Charlton’s 100m hurdles will be live on ESPNU. The 4x400m relay will be live on ESPN.

Micaela Hazlewood will compete Saturday with the women’s discus. The freshman, one of three competing at the championships for the Boilermaker women, is set to throw at 1:35 p.m. Her event can be watched live online on ESPN3.

A full time and broadcast schedule for all of Purdue’s events can be found below.

WEDNESDAY (all times Pacific)

1:30 p.m. – Men’s Hammer Throw – Chukwuebuka Enekwechi – first flight, third thrower – ESPN3

5:30 p.m. – Men’s Shot Put – Chukwuebuka Enekwechi – first flight, seventh thrower – ESPN3

6:43 p.m. – Men’s 10,000m – Matthew McClintock – one flight, 10th position – ESPNU

THURSDAY

4:00 p.m. – Women’s 4x100m – Carson, Cox, Charlton, Thomas – third heat, lane 6 – ESPNU

5:02 p.m. – Women’s 100m hurdles – Devynne Charlton – second heat, lane 3 – ESPNU

7:18 p.m. – Women’s 4x400m – Jones, Cox, Black, Thomas – third heat, lane 7 – ESPN

FRIDAY

(none)

SATURDAY

1:35 p.m. – Women’s Discus – Micaela Hazlewood – first flight, seventh thrower – ESPN3

2:05 p.m. – Women’s 4x100m* - Carson, Cox, Charlton, Thomas – ESPN2

2:45 p.m. – Women’s 100m hurdles* – Devynne Charlton – ESPN2

4:20 p.m. – Women’s 4x400m – Jones, Cox, Black, Thomas – ESPN2

*Must qualify through Thursday’s semifinals