Purdue leads 21-9 at the half. The Boilermakers forced three turnovers in the hal, two of which resulted in touchdowns.

Purdue opened the game at the 25 yard line, where redshirt freshman quarterback David Blough completed an eleven yard pass to freshman running back Markell Jones on the game's first play from scrimmage.  The Boilermakers stalled however on the next set of downs and were forced to punt from their own 41-yard line.

After the Purdue punt was downed at the Nebraska seven, the Cornhuskers set out on a 12 play, 70-yard drive resulting in a field goal. Nebraska converted four first downs during the drive until a tackle for loss by sophomore rush end Gelen Robinson and a busted screen play forced the Cornhuskers to settle for three.

Purdue scored on its second drive of the game on a 56-yard touchdown run by Blough. Blough finished the drive with four carries for 63 yards and two completions for 14 yards. The drive six play, 77-yard drive took 2:47 off the clock.

The Purdue defense forced the first turnover of the game on the following Nebraska drive. After Nebraska moved the ball 46 yards, from its own 21 down to the Purdue 33, a bad snap resulted in a fumble recovered by sophomore linebacker Garrett Hudson.  Hudson returned the fumble 41 yards to the Nebraska 17.

Purdue scored its second touchdown of the game on a three-yard touchdown pass from Blough to senior wide reciever Danny Anthrop. Working with a short field, Blough completed a 13-yard pass to redshirt freshman Cole Herdman for the drive's only first down.

Nebraska scored its first touchdown on the ensuing drive. Starting from their own 42-yard line after a 42-yard kickoff return by wide receiver Stanley Morgan, the Cornhuskers converted first downs on plays of 14 and 22 yards respectively. On third down from the Purdue 20, Nebraska quarterback Ryker Fyfe hooked up with Morgan for the 20 yard touchdown. A blocked extra point by senior defensive tackle Ryan Watson kept the score at 14-9 Boilermakers.

Purdue was forced to punt from its own 45 following the Nebraska touchdown. Starting on their own 32, the Boilermakers were aided by a Nebraska holding on third down. However consecutive penalties by Purdue, holding and illegal touching, resulted in first and 25 from the Boilermaker 29. A reverse by freshman wide receiver Jarrett Burgess got Purdue to third and nine but an incomplete pass forced the Purdue punt.

Nebraska was forced to punt from its own 10 after going three and out. Starting from their own 15, the Cornhuskers lost eight on first down on a busted play and failed to convert on third and 18.

Purdue also went three and out on its ensuing possession after two incomplete passes and a one yard run by Jones.

Purdue forced its second turnover of the game on the following drive. On second down from the Nebraska six, Fyfe was intercepted by senior cornerback Anthony Brown at the Nebraska 22.

After a first down, got the Boilermakers in the red zone, Purdue scored its second touchdown following a turnover, this time on a four yard touchdown run by junior wide receiver Domonique Young.

Nebraska and Purdue traded punts on consecutive three and outs on the following two drives.

Brown recorded his second interception of the game and the third Purdue turnover on the following drive. After Nebraska advanced to the Purdue 47, Brown picked off a pass at the Purdue 19, just getting both feet in before going out of bounds with 57 seconds left in the half

Aided by Nebraska facemask penalty on first and 19, Purdue got another first down on a nine-yard pass from Blough to junior wide receiver DeAngelo Yancey. From the Purdue 46, a Hail Mary attempt to Yancey on the last play of the half fell incomplete.