Devynne Charlton broke the school record in the women’s 60-meter hurdles, while Chukwuebuka Enekwechi had a personal best in the shot put to finish second in the event. The Southeastern Conference won the men’s meet over the other Power 4 conferences (Big Ten, ACC, Big 12, Pac 12), 91-74, while the Power 4 women won 85.5 to 84.5.

Charlton was in the first running event of the day after qualifying through the 60-meter hurdle preliminary round on Friday with the second fastest time. Saturday, Charlton ran the best race of her career, breaking the school record and Bahamian national record and qualifying for the world indoor championships with a time of 8.11 seconds. Her time ranks second in the country.

Enekwechi was competing a day after winning the men’s weight throw. He hung in the top three throughout the competition after throwing three similar marks just shy of 19 meters (62-4.00) through his first five throws. On his final attempt, Enekwechi set a new indoor PR with a mark of 19.37 meters (63-6.75), which moved him into second place where he would finish. Enekwechi’s mark ranks second in program history and sixth in the country this season. Enekwechi finished the meet earning eight points for the Power 4 conferences and beating five of the top 20 throwers in the nation, including two of the top five and three of the top 10.

Micaela Hazlewood had her best day in the shot put as a Boilermaker. The sophomore threw a PR of 15.41 meters (50-6.75) to finish fifth overall and earn two points for the Power 4 conferences. Hazlewood’s mark ranks sixth in school history and 30 in the country this season.

Malcolm Dotson and Savannah Carson competed in the men’s and women’s 60-meter dash finals, respectively, after qualifying through the prelims Friday. Dotson finished sixth with a time of 6.96 seconds, while Carson was seventh, finishing in 7.46 seconds. Vanessa McLeod finished fifth in the women’s 800 meter run with a time of 2:10.30. That time ranks 20 in the country.

Kendall Hacker ran a personal best in the women’s mile. The sophomore won her heat with a time of 4:54.20 and finished sixth overall. The women’s 4x400 meter relay team ran a season-best time of 3:37.59. The group of Symone Black, Carmiesha Cox, Aarin Jones and Brionna Thomas posted the time, which ranks in the top 10 in the country. The men’s 4x400 meter relay team of Nicholas Parks, Kyle Webb, Shawndail McLaren and Kinard Rolle finished with a time of 3:11.21 to take fifth.

Janae’ Moffitt was runner-up in the women’s high jump. The freshman matched the meet’s best mark of 1.77 meters (5-9.75) but finished second because the winner cleared that mark on her first attempt, while Moffitt did so on her second attempt. The mark was within a centimeter of Moffitt’s season best.

The Purdue women finished the meet scoring 17.50 points for the Power 4 conferences. The men’s team scored eight points.

The Boilermakers return to action next weekend when they head back to Indiana for the IU Relays.