A pair of Purdue players lead the nation in FBS college football statistics after the second week of action.

Quarterback Elijah Sindelar has the most passing yards nationally with 932. The closest competitor is Washington State’s Anthony Gordon with 884 yards passing through two games.

Sindelar is No. 2 in completions with an average of 34 per game. Leading the nation is Texas Tech’s Alan Bowman at 35 completions per outing. Sindelar is No. 50 in completions by converting 65.4 percent of his pass attempts. Oklahoma’s Jalen Hurts is best with an 82.9 completion percentage.

Meanwhile wide receiver Rondale Moore leads the nation in receiving yards with 344 on 23 receptions.

Moore also leads the nation with 459 all-purpose yards per game. The all-purpose yardage statistic includes receiving, punt return and kickoff returns.

As a team, Purdue (1-1) is third in the nation with an average of 466 yards passing a game. Temple leads with 507.0 yards per game while Washington State is No. 2 at 494.0.

By comparison Purdue is No. 125 (out of 130 teams) in rushing yards per game at 63.5. UCLA, South Florida, Akron, West Virginia and Texas State are the only teams nationally that are worse than the Boilermakers.

Purdue is No. 35 (tie) in third down conversions at 48.3 percent. Temple is the nation’s best by converting 73.3 percent of its third downs.

• Sindelar was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week by the Big Ten for his performance against Vanderbilt.He was 34 of 52 for 509 yards, five throwing touchdowns and ran for another. He became the first Purdue quarterback with five or more touchdown passes and 500 yards through the air since Kyle Orton in 2004. Furthermore, he became the first Boilermaker to throw for more than 400 yards for two consecutive games since Drew Brees in 1998. It was his first Offensive Player of the Week honor in his career.

• Purdue coach Jeff Brohm said Monday that Sindelar suffered a minor concussion during the last series of the Vanderbilt game. The coach said Sindelar would be monitored during the week and is hopeful that the quarterback will be available for the 7:30 p.m., game against TCU on Saturday in Ross-Ade Stadium.