3/23/19 NCAA Tournament, Villanova, Matt Painter, Carsen Edwards

Head Coach Matt Painter shakes Carsen Edwards' hand as he exits the court for the first time with 57 seconds left in the second half. Edwards played 39 minutes in Saturday's game.

Junior guard Carsen Edwards announced on Sunday via Twitter that he is entering the 2019 NBA Draft with an agent, thus forgoing his final year of NCAA eligibility.

"I want to start off by thanking God every day for blessing me with this journey," the two-time All-American said in the post. "There have been highs and there have been lows, but through everything, God has been the constant.

I want to thank my family for being my rock. Without them, I wouldn't be in the position I am. People that know me, know my family is everything. I thank them every day for their love and support.

Lastly, I want to thank my teammates, the support staff, the coaches and mostly Coach Painter for everything they have done for me. The last three years have been an amazing ride with the best teammates and coaches in the country. I wouldn't trade my time and success at Purdue for anything.

For as long as I can remember, it has been a dream to play in the NBA. I feel that time is now. I will be entering the 2019 NBA Draft with an agent. This is the beginning of a new journey and I am thankful for everyone's support and I'm ready for the next chapter in my life."